About Caregiver Pilot Programs

Live in caregivers can work briefly or immigrate permanently to Canada. These people who are qualified to look after children, the elderly or people with disabilities at homes without supervision, can opt for the 2 new home caregiver pilots in Canada. These programs have replaced the Live-In Caregiver Program(LCP) in June, 2019.

  • The Home Child Care Provider Pilot
  • The Home Support Worker Pilot

Both of these 5-Year programs  home child care workers(NOC-4411) & home support workers(NOC-4412) are designed to help them to acquire work experience so as to be eligible for Canadian permanent residence. There is not a need of getting an LMIA done for this program, however it is restricted by occupation.

Free Immigration Assessment

Need help with immigration to Canada? Get consulted from a Canadian Certified Immigration Consultant.

Home Child Care Provider Pilot

Home Child Care Providers help parents to take care of children and also help in household duties, if needed. They can look after children below age of 18 at their own home or an employer’s home. The program is also a fit for babysitters, Nanny and similar professionals but experience as a foster parent is not taken as valid.

Home Support Worker Pilot

Home Support Workers provide assistance and care to the populace in old – age, handicapped individuals, people in recovery state. Duties of the appointed home support worker may include preparing dishes, feeding, changing attires, do dressings, medical checks in routine and similar tasks. The health care worker may also need to reside in the employer’s home to cater to needs of the person in need. 

You are eligible to apply for a Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot upon fulfillment of the following requirements:

  • You must have a full-time(at least 30 hours/week), genuine and valid job offer from a Canadian Employer, adhering to Offer Of Employment IMM 5983.
  • Your past work experience or training may play a pivoting role to show whether you are competent to complete your job duties listed in the NOC job description.
  • You need to prove that you meet the language requirements of CLB 5 in English or NCLC 5 in French for all 4 language skills.
  • You need to have done your Post-Secondary Education Credential of minimum 1 year in Canada. If you did not study in Canada, you need to get your foreign ECA Report to show equivalency of a Canadian Post Secondary Education of at least 1 year. 

Book Your Language Test Today

For English


Book Your Test

For French


Book Your Test

Let's Connect

Check your Eligibility

Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved. | Pan West Immigration