Do You Wish To Visit Canada?

Canada is an exquisite and longed for travel destination, be it for work, study or just visit. Being a visitor, it is needless to say that you neither hold Canada PR status nor Canadian citizenship. When you first enter Canada, it is through one of the following documents that you do so:

  • A Visitor Visa
  • An Electronic Travel Authorization(ETA)
  • A Valid Passport/Travel Document

If you come from a visa exempt country, you require an Electronic Travel Authorization(ETA) before boarding the flight You can check here if you wish to know which one out of these documents you would be needing in order to visit Canada.

Free Immigration Assessment

Canada Passport

Need help with immigration to Canada? Get consulted from a Canadian Certified Immigration Consultant.

Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa)

You should apply for a visitor visa(also referred to as temporary resident visa) if you intend to stay for 6 months or less. If your visa application is successful then you are issued a Temporary Resident Visa(TRV), which can be valid for a single entry or multiple entries. At the time of your entry at the Canadian border an immigration officer would interview you and based on your answers, you may be allowed to leave Canada in 6 months or before that period completes. You might also receive a Visitor Record. It is an official document that the border services officer may issue you if your stay in Canada is extended or restricted. It is an independent document that(unlike visitor visa) is not placed within your passport.

What Is A Super Visa?

The Super Visa is a multiple entry visa which is valid for upto maximum of 10 years. Eligible Parents and Grandparents can visit family in Canada for 2 years without having to renew their status. However, it must be noted that super Visa needs to be applied from outside Canada.

There are some general requirements which you need to meet to acquire a visitor visa:

  • You must have a legal travel document or Passport which is not expired and accepted by IRCC.
  • You must be in  sound health.
  • You must not be involved in any criminal infraction or related convictions.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will move back to your home country since you have to take care of family, job or business, home and other financial assets.
  • You must have sufficient funds for  whole of your stay in Canada.
  • In some cases a medical examination and letter of invitation might be necessitated from the person who invites you to Canada.

For meeting the eligibility criteria you must :

  • Be A Parent or Grand Parent of a Canadian Citizen or A Permanent Resident Of Canada.
  • Have a signed letter of invitation from your child/grandchild who is inviting you to Canada
  • Have a medical Insurance From a Canadian Insurance Company that is valid for at least 1 year from your entry date, at least $100,000 coverage, proof that medical insurance has been paid.
  • Be admissible To Canada
  • Take an immigration medical exam
  • Your Child/Grand Child must prove through bank statements, employment letter or by any other valid means that their earnings meet or are above the minimum income requirements for the total number of people including parents/grandparents.

Book Your Language Test Today

For English


Book Your Test

For French


Book Your Test

Let's Connect

Check your Eligibility

Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved. | Pan West Immigration