Sikh Family Spouse Sponsorship

Wish to Bring Your Family To Canada Permanently?

Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada are able to support their family members in getting Canadian permanent residency by sponsorship programs. In order to sponsor relatives, one must be able to support them and their dependents financially as well as make sure that they do not need social assistance of any kind from the Canadian Government. While keeping into consideration your relationship with the person you wish to sponsor, time and application expenses may vary. There are two types of Family Sponsorships

  • In Land Sponsorship (In Canada Class)
  • Overseas Sponsorship (Family Class)

There are several requirements that need to be fulfilled so as to sponsor your family member to Canada, which differ for Spouse Or Common Law Partner, Dependent Child Or Grand Child, Parents Or Grandparents. 

Free Immigration Assessment

Need help with immigration to Canada? Get consulted from a Canadian Certified Immigration Consultant.

Eligibility To Sponsor

There are several requirements that need to be fulfilled so as to sponsor your family member to Canada, which differ for Spouse Or Common Law Partner, Dependent Child Or Grand Child, Parents Or Grandparents. Aspiring sponsors would be obligated to show that they hold the appropriate financial assets, savings or have the incomes to provide for the person being sponsored. In order to sponsor your spouse, child or a partner to live with you in Canada, you would need to be:

  • Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
  • registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.

Under some undesirable conditions you may not be able to sponsor your family member to Canada. Beyond harsh criminal infractions committed inside or outside Canada, other reasons such as inability to repay your immigration loan, bankruptcy  and not getting discharged can make you ineligible to sponsor someone. You are able to sponsor more than one individual or a couple if you meet the income requirements for all the people you wish to bring to Canada including their dependents such as spouse, children.  The admissibility of the person you wish to sponsor is yet another key factor that you would have to take into consideration. Our team of immigration experts can be of service in bringing success to your sponsorship application as they are up to the minute with the underlying facts and figures of the slightest of details related to Canada immigration.   

You can sponsor your relatives to come to Canada as permanent residents, thereafter giving them the opportunity to study, work and travel in Canada if :

  • You need to be at least 18 years old
  • You are a Canadian Permanent resident or a Canadian Citizen
  • You must be able to provide for the basic needs of the person you want to sponsor for a given period of time.
  • You must be planning to come and stay in Canada if you are currently living outside of Canada, as your relative/adopted child becomes a permanent resident of Canada.
  • You are able to prove that you do not receive social assistance of any kind other than a disability.

You become eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents if:

  • You are 18 years old or above, hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency of Canada and reside in Canada.
  • You show that you meet the minimum income requirements for the preceding three years of your application. This can be done by yourself or by including a spouse or common law partner.
  • You should submit medical examination documents, biometrics and police clearance certificate of your parents/grandparents.
  • You would need to sign an undertaking agreement stating that you are willing and able to provide basic requirements for the person being sponsored.

Book Your Language Test Today

For English


Book Your Test

For French


Book Your Test

Let's Connect

Check your Eligibility

Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved. | Pan West Immigration